Soloway JCC Indoor and Outdoor Pools open to SJCC Members for Lap Swimming only
Monday, August 3
Indoor Pool: Closed • Outdoor Pool: 8 am – 5 pm
What you need to know before you go:
Only the pools will be available during this time. We will open the rest of our facility slowly and safely in accordance with guidelines set out by the Province of Ontario and the City of Ottawa.
Your SJCC Membership
Please contact Patrice, email@example.com, to set up an appointment to come into the SJCC and reinstate your membership. Please be reassured that she has received your request and will be in touch to set up an appointment. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we are receiving many requests at this time.
When we closed our doors in March all membership payments were put on hold. In order to start using the pools, you must now open a new Annual or Three Month Membership.
Please note: As a result of the overwhelming interest to get back to swimming laps, and the flood of emails from those looking to restart their memberships, we have decided to open up our pools to members (those who were members as of our closing on March 13), regardless of whether you have had a chance to restart your membership, up until August 16. Starting August 17, you will be denied access to the pools if you have not yet restarted your membership.
Using the Pools
- Lap lanes must be reserved 24 hours in advance using our online reservation system. Click here for instructions on how to set up an account and book a lap swim. The Lap Lane Reservation System will be open for account set up and bookings on July 19.
- You will not be permitted access to the building or outdoor pool deck until five minutes before your scheduled time.
- Each time slot is 45 minutes. Your 45 minutes begins at the time you booked. Please don’t arrive late as you will have less time to swim. Lifeguards will be monitoring swim times. Please respect the time as other members will be waiting to swim.
- The pools will be roped off into lap lanes but you are welcome to use your lane however you like; water walking, leisure swim, stretching. Regardless of how you use your lap lane, there is one person permitted per lane (no additional family members) and a maximum of 45 minutes.
- Towels and pool accessories (flutter boards, pool noodles, barbells, etc.) will not be available for use.
- Lap lane assignments are on a first-come basis.
- SJCC change rooms are closed so please arrive ready to swim.
- Prior to entering the SJCC building, you will be asked a series of questions about your health.
- Upon arrival at the SJCC please press the buzzer and be prepared to show a valid photo ID (driver’s license or valid government ID). Someone at the Front Desk will verify your lap swim booking.
- Pool access will be through the Activity Gallery located to the right of the lobby in the SJCC.
- When you are done swimming please dry off and leave the pool area immediately. Swimmers will not be permitted to stay in the pool area following their swim.
Indoor Pool Hours
Monday – Thursday
4:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Monday, August 3 – Closed
4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Please present your valid photo ID (driver’s license or valid government ID) to the Lifeguards before entering the pool area.
- Upon arrival, a lifeguard will verify your lap swim booking.
- When you are done swimming, please dry off and leave the pool area immediately. Swimmers will not be permitted to stay in the pool area following their swim.
Outdoor Pool Hours
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Monday, August 3 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
To set up an appointment to restart your SJCC Membership contact Patrice Berdowski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the pools or how to book your lap swim:
SJCC Aquatics Manager, Jordan Masson, email@example.com
All other inquires:
SJCC President/COO, Barry Sohn, firstname.lastname@example.org