Contact: Carla Gencher
(613) 798-9818 ext. 278, email@example.com
The Soloway JCC and The University of Ottawa Heart Institute have teamed up to offer safe and effective programs for people with cardiac disease. Exercise programs that carry the Heart Wise logo are most suitable for those with cardiac disease or those who may want to assure themselves that the programs are heart friendly. We are proud to offer Vitality Plus, Aquawaves, AquaCan, After Work Energizer, Aqua Arthritis and Post Stroke Aquafit, all of which meet the Heart Wise criteria. Ottawa Heart Institute Rehab Program participants save 20% on an Annual Membership at the Soloway JCC
All Heart Wise Exercise Programs:
- Encourages regular, daily aerobic exercise.
- Encourages and incorporates warm up, cool down and
self-monitoring with all exercise sessions.
- Allows participants to exercise at a safe level and offers options to modify intensity.
- Includes participants with chronic health conditions – physician approval may be required.
- Offers health screening for all participants.
- Has a documented emergency plan that is known to all exercise leaders, including the requirement of current CPR certification, phone access to local paramedic services and presence of an AED.
For more information on Heart Wise Exercise click here.
Share life-enhancing benefits and have fun with this low impact class combining cardiovascular exercises, muscle toning and stretching.
Instructors: Terry Hind, Cathy Nolan, Hanifa Yip, Catherine Duncan, Margaret Carrothers, and Carla Gencher
See the Group Fitness Schedule for times.
Registration is required for this class. Included in membership.
Participants can register for both sessions at the same time in person at the Soloway JCC Front Desk.
One Vitality Plus class will run from 10:30 am – 11:30 am on September 2, December 25, January 1, February 17
For more Heart Wise Exercise programs, click here for the Aquafit Schedule