Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
You must have an active SJCC or Greenberg Families Library membership in order to access the Library. Appointments are not needed but you must show proof of full vaccination to be admitted into the SJCC.
Greenberg Families Library Annual Membership
- Family: $50
- Individual: $45
- Senior: $30
- Student: $20
The library catalog can be accessed through https://gfl.follettdestiny.ca/
- Click on the Greenberg Families Library link and then hit the catalog button to begin searching.
- The latest Jewish Fiction and Non-Fiction available without long wait lists
- Extensive collection of books for children and young adults
- Foreign and English language DVDs including TV series, movies and documentaries
- MusicCDs from klez to classical to contemporary
- Israeli books and movies
- Periodicals and newspapers
To access our extensive collection click here to search the catalogue.
Greenberg Families Library Policies and Procedures
If you had a Library Membership when the SJCC closed in March, please contact Membership Director, Patrice Berdowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) beginning September 1 to reactivate your memberships
To restart any other type of SJCC Membership, please contact Patrice anytime to set up an appointment.
You must have an active SJCC or Greenberg Families Library membership in order to borrow items.
Material requests will be held for a maximum of one week. Holds on new releases, or those with a waiting list of more than 3 people will be held for a maximum of 4 business days.
Find everything on our shelves from home using Greenberg Families Library Online Catalog
The library’s book return box is outside the doors of the library.
Library Rules & Regulations
- Social distancing and mask policies remain in place
- Computers are available for use.
Patrons may donate a maximum of 1 standard size box or two standard size grocery bags. Anything over this amount will not be considered.
The library will not accept the following items:
- Religious text (Haggadas, Siddurs etc…)
- Technical books/textbooks/manuals
- Photobooks/coffee table books
- Book in ill repair (mold, water damage, ripped or crumbling pages, etc…)
- Items containing non-Jewish content
The library reserves the right to deny any donation regardless of content.
Carlie MacPherson, Senior Librarian
(613) 798-9818 ext: 245
All policies, procedures and operating hours are subject to change. Patrons will be notified of any updates.
Author Talk with Judy Batalion
Judy Batalion’s new book, The Light of Days, already optioned by Steven Spielberg for a major motion picture, brings largely unknown stories to light. If you missed out on the presentation with Judy you can watch it on-demand with the link below. If you would like to borrow The Light of Days from the library please reach out to us.