Use of the library is included in your JCC membership!
- The latest Jewish Fiction and Non-Fiction available without long wait lists
- Extensive collection of books for children and young adults
- Foreign and English language DVDs including TV series, movies and documentaries
- MusicCDs from klez to classical to contemporary
- Israeli books and movies
- Periodicals and newspapers
To access our extensive collection click here to search the catalogue.
11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Greenberg Families Library Policies and Procedures
If you had a Library Membership when the SJCC closed in March, please contact Membership Director, Patrice Berdowski (email@example.com) beginning September 1 to reactivate your memberships
To restart any other type of SJCC Membership, please contact Patrice anytime to set up an appointment.
To comply with health and safety standards, members will be permitted to use the library by appointment only. Browsing in the library is prohibited until further notice. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library (613) 798-9818 ext. 245 with your requests. The librarian will gather your items and schedule a time for you to pick up your items at the library’s circulation desk. While we encourage users to pre-order materials, appointments can be used to ask the librarian to assist you in finding a book/movie etc.
You must have an active SJCC or Greenberg Families Library membership in order to borrow items. Those with an active membership can make borrowing requests as of September 1.
All items borrowed prior to our March closure must be returned prior to checking out new materials.
Find everything on our shelves from home using Greenberg Families Library Online Catalog
In order to ensure everyone has access to our materials, per person borrowing is limited to the following:
- 3 adult books
- 5 children or young adult books
- 3 audio books
- 3 DVDs
- 2 CDs
The library’s book return box will be inside the front doors of the SJCC.
Those who need to return books but have not yet re-activated their memberships are asked to ring the bell outside and let the front desk know you are returning books. You will then be let in to return your books into the book drop.
Library Rules & Regulations
- One household will be permitted at the checkout desk at once (husband and wife, parent and child etc.). Parents must keep children with them while inside the library at all times.
- Patrons will not be permitted past the checkout area. Only library staff will have access the stacks.
- Masks are mandatory for anyone over the age of 5 while in the library.
- Computers are not available for use.
Keeping the Library Safe
- All returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours before being returned to circulation
- Plexiglas protection will be up in front of the circulation desk.
- All touch points will be cleaned in between patrons.
We are all navigating new and uncharted territory. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Library!
Carlie & Rissella
Greenberg Families Library
(613) 798-9818 ext: 245
All policies, procedures and operating hours are subject to change. Patrons will be notified of any updates.
Jewish Cooking Around the World: A Journey through Greenberg Families Library’s Cookbook Shelf.
Storytime with Carlie