Part-time librarian for The Greenberg Families Library at the Soloway Jewish Community Centre
Knowledge of cataloguing practices and maintaining an automated database is essential. Familiarity with Jewish texts and practices required. You will be responsible for acquisitions, program planning and budget preparation. You must be personable and enjoy working with the public. For more information about hours and venue, please call Maxine Miska, Director of Programming, Soloway Jewish Community Centre (613) 798-9818 ext 263, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SJCC Childcare Provider – Part Time
The Soloway JCC is looking for a Childcare Provider to run a weekday morning, drop-in babysitting service from 9am – 1pm. The Childcare Provider will be responsible for providing a safe, engaging and entertaining experience for the children and will be responsible for ensuring the safety, health and well-being of children under their care.
- Experience with children is preferred but not required.
- Post-Secondary education related to Early Childhood education is an asset.
- Related experience working with children, if the applicant is an Early Childhood Educator provide proof of membership is required and be in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- CPR & First Aid are required and must be maintained through employment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Current Police Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must be at least 18 years of age
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please contact Membership Director Patrice Berdowski (613)798-9818 ext 233, email@example.com
Child Care Worker for Soloway JCC After School Programs
The Soloway Jewish Community Centre is seeking reliable, positive people who love working with children to staff the Just 4 Kids After School Care Program, Monday – Thursday (3:30 to 6:00) and Friday (2:00 to 5:00) from September 2017 to June 2018. The Soloway JCC Just 4 Kids After School Program provides age appropriate, stimulating and safe activities for school age children.
- Create age appropriate programming taking into account varying levels and abilities of the children
- Assist in conducting surveys for periodic program evaluation.
- Actively promote the program using flyer, letters, and brochures.
- Provide assistance to other counselors as needed.
- Come prepared for the days activities.
- Supervise and maintain active engagement with children in the program
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children in the program.
- Must have First Aid C.P.R.
- Teaching Degree or Recreation Degree is preferred
- 2-3 years experience working with children in classroom settings.
- Know how to program plan
- Updated Police Reference check
Features of the Job:
- A great working environment.
- An opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life.
- A great experience working with children.
- Great opportunities to give back to the community you live in.
Salary: Salary is paid by the hour and is above minimum wage
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org