Soloway JCC COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Given the recent federal and provincial government decisions to suspend proof of vaccination requirements, the Soloway Jewish Community Centre’s Board of Directors has decided to follow suit.
As of July 25 the SJCC will suspend its mandatory proof of vaccination policy making the SJCC accessible to everyone regardless of their vaccination status. Please note that this is a suspension of the policy. Should there be any movement in the wrong direction, the SJCC will reinstitute its proof of vaccination requirements.
As always, if you are feeling unwell please do not come to the SJCC. Masks continue to be optional but recommended.
If you have not been to the SJCC in a while, now is a great time to join. Our outdoor pool is open and available to members only, we have a full roster of Group Fitness Classes for the summer and the Greenberg Families Library is stocked with great summer reads. Contact Membership Director, Patrice Berdowski, email@example.com to get your membership started.
Entry Requirements for Ages 12+
The Soloway JCC will continue to require proof of vaccination for all people 12 and up, after March 1, in order to enter the building.
The health and well-being of our members and staff is our top priority and we feel this is the safest approach to take at this time. We will evaluate on a monthly basis.
Entry Requirements for 5-11 Year Olds
March 2022: Beginning on Sunday, March 13, 2022, all children 5 -11 years old, must have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of two weeks prior to attending a program at the SJCC. In order to continue in an SJCC program, the child must receive the second dose within 3 to 12 weeks of the first.
Children born in 2017 must have their first dose within 12 weeks of their 5th birthday and, must receive a second dose within 3 to 12 weeks of the first, in order to continue in an SJCC program.
If your child has recently recovered from COVID-19 and is unable to receive a second done within the 3-to-12-week timeline, please contact the appropriate SJCC program manager to discuss your options.
Please do not come to the SJCC if you are feeling unwell or are awaiting COVID test results.
- Please swipe your card outside the main doors and press the buzzer.
- The Customer Service Representative will see your information on their screen and will confirm your proof of vaccination status;
- If your vaccination status information is already in our system, you will be buzzed in.
- If your vaccination status is not already in our system you will be asked to show your proof of full vaccination (two doses) and photo ID.
- The SJCC is currently operating at full capacity and is open to Members only
- The Fitness Centre and most Group Fitness Classes are available on a drop-in basis
- SpinFit requires advanced registration.
- Locker Rooms, steam room, and saunas are open.
Please direct your questions to the appropriate department:
Health & Wellness Director, Carla Gencher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquatics Director, Jordan Masson, email@example.com
Membership Director, Patrice Berdowski, firstname.lastname@example.org
SJCC President/COO, Barry Sohn, email@example.com
Thank you for your ongoing support and we look forward to seeing you at the SJCC.